View Poll Results: Would you like to see dicing discontinued for now?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- Remove it

16 88.89%
  • No- Keep it

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Nuclear Veteran

Dicing discontinuation poll

Hey guys, this thread/poll is going to be about discontinuing dicing and a couple of the reasons why.

Dicing has always been a craved part of every server. People are addicted to gambling. So much so, that, people will literally bet their entire banks away. Now, obviously, the hoster has the upper advantage which leads to a lot of players being cleaned for their banks due to the addiction of gambling. This leads to a lot of the players who once craved dicing, to now resent it and quit the server since they are left with nothing.

Our economy and client are so new, that we are not willing to risk the longevity of the server and losing our player base over gambling. However, as you folks make up the economy and player base, you have just as much a say in it as we do. Hence, the poll for getting your opinions as well.
    Our reasons are as follows:

1) It is risking our player base that we are trying to grow.

2) It is causing a huge imbalance in the economy as hosts are able to get rich with high odds of winning, while bettors have a large chance of loss.

3) We feel it would be in our best option as we try to get larger as a server, that we should take the chance of losing players over gambling habits away from the equation.

Please cast your vote above. We will be making a decision in 2 days.

Feel free to also add your concerns below as we want everyones opinion on the matter.
    In-Game Moderator

#MITHRILSPEARGANG

Super Donator
    I think it should be removed but trusted rank stays, maybe give trusted rank a different purpose, but we need to grow as a server and that is the #1 importance, 50% of the player base has been lost and it sucks. but at the same time i dont wanna see trusted rank get removed because it is a community and staff voted. just give it a different purpose. Also with the fact of me and a couple others having trusted and owning dice, will we get something if our dice bags which cost us 500m be removed without compensation.
    Last edited by leo; 10-05-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Server Support Team
    I believe the dicing and trusted rank should all be removed for now. Refund the 500m for dice bag.
    Settle everything, and then choose what more we want to do with the server later on.
    Last edited by Baby; 10-06-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    Server Support
    IGN - Babyxo.
    If you need any assistance in-game, pm me!

Prestige 1
    Prestige 2
    Prestige 3
    Prestige 4
    Prestige 5

Completionist Cape

Rewards for Prestiging
    Elysian Spirit Shield
    Skilling Supplies + 50M
    Pernix Chaps
    Pernix Cowl

Saradomin Godsword

#Asylum

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby For This Useful Post:

Nuclear Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I believe the dicing and trusted rank should all be removed for now. Refund hte 500m for dice bag.
    Settle everything, and then choose what we want more we want to do with the server later on.
    I haven't confirmed the trusted rank situation with conor or jay atm. I probably shouldn't have spoken about that yet. So, I will remove my comment and will update on everything when it is confirmed.
    In-Game Moderator

#MITHRILSPEARGANG

Super Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I believe the dicing and trusted rank should all be removed for now. Refund hte 500m for dice bag.
    Settle everything, and then choose what we want more we want to do with the server later on.

the trusted rank feels to me like it is a player voted thing that shows that your a trusted player on the community, and since the people that have earned it love having it i would really like it to stay,

Super Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I haven't confirmed the trusted rank situation with conor or jay atm. I probably shouldn't have spoken about that yet. So, I will remove my comment and will update on everything when it is confirmed.
    thank you for looking into this

Super Donator

In my opinion, yes. Players have been waiting for this update for a long time, but it has made many quit and the player-base did drop by quite a lot. I don't think that the economy was stable enough at the time to implement dicing and keep it stable, we have all seen the repercussions of this. I'd rather have the players work for their items than just be lucky at a 50x2 dice game and bank-stand, bore themselves and quit at some point soon after.

I've never been a fan of the duel arena / dicing as a whole, simply because players get too greedy and lose everything and as said above, quit.

Example: A player joining the server and seeing how it's somewhat difficult to make money could be induced by a dicer to gamble and it'll only demotivate them.

As said above, you could just refund the dice bag for 500M.

Vitality

Nuclear Veteran

I have my options and would prefer not to say.

OT: I did vote.

Extreme Donator
    I feel the deeper issue here is the difficulty of making cash. There is no real way to make cash on the server, (cash not mining pure ess to sell but actual cash). I feel more skills should be profitable to give incentive to do money making methods rather than just bossing. I think this will help close the gap between the poor and rich. In my opinion a lot of people dice to try to afford that sirenic armour, or whatever else. I think the root of the problem is NOT dicing but rather the fact that it is difficult to rebuild if you get cleaned. This is just my opinion and I would be perfectly fine if dicing was removed and more money making methods added. Also, we worked pretty hard for the trusted rank I feel that should stay, there's a lot we can do besides dicing including account services, making armour for people, etc. Additionally clearly refund the 500m we spent on dice bag.

Super Donator
    I Agree with settings on the fact that making money is hard, as for the refund that needs to be discussed privately between staff and the trusted rank. The Eco is bad and we can all agree on that.